Friday, December 19, 2008

Trip to San Fernando-December19-20

I just arrived home from San Fernando, Cebu from a very disastrous performance ever! Along with me was my co-dancers and teachers from our school. All of us were being transported by a school bus which was just enough for 40 dancers. We arrived in San Fernando at around 5pm. The show was suppose to start at exactly 8pm, but instead it started past 9pm. I was really pissed of because from the minute we arrived in the venue, we were really very socked to see a whole mess around us! The place was so untidy-plastic wrappers, dusts, and the worst- broken glasses!! All these stuffs were scattered everywhere and every corner our eyes could set upon. That time I was able to ask myself- "Are we really welcome in this place?". If so, how come their not prepared? The officials in-charged should have cleaned the venue the hour before we arrived, the sound system must be ready and checked and they could have provided some lights to enlighted us during that deep hour of the night in the backstage so that we won't have a very hard time changing for our costumes. To admit it, I was not on the mood to perform. Aside from those craps, the audiences were also very immoral, undisciplined, informal, and lastly perverts! By the looks on their faces and by every actions they make, I can conclude that those people has poor education. They don't know the true meaning of art, most especially the dances we presented to them that night. And sad to think, it was really a bullshit that we traveled very far from the center point of Cebu to the near ends in the South with our aim which is to share, to entertain and to encourage people. But for them, those aim were simply a trash.


It was indeed very insulting to my part because I felt that we were not given enough previlage for our own convinience. But then, i also realized that somehow, we should be thankful to them because they helped us come to think to the point that not all people have similar characteristics and personality. It is on the performer's hand how he'll handle audiences which are bullies and undisciplined audiences. I have concluded that as a performer, our work does not only revolve on executing the steps, adding emotions to your dances, and entertaining people, but it also includes handling your audiences and converting those bullies into better ones.

No comments:

Inspire and be inspired ^_~

  • I'll meet Taylor Lautner personally soon
  • I'll be in La Push soon
  • I'll be in Forks, Washington soon
  • I'll be rich!
  • I'll be travelling around the world