Monday, December 15, 2008

voice of a dancer

I am Marie Eloise Enriquez. I believe I was born to be someone and to make something out of nothing. I believe that I can be something out of dancing.
Currently, I'm a scholar of "Turning pointe" ballet school in Montebello, and a Ballet major in Mandaue City School for the Arts.
Being a ballet dancer is a great honor for me. I'm fully aware that a lot of ladies out there are wishing upon a star for a good ballet opportunity. Ballet for many people are indeed a very awesome art. Grace, beauty, and passion.. they make the whole crowd scream for ballet. Every action, every movement, every plies, every turns and leaps represents grace and beauty in a dancer. Ballet with it's great history also comes with great dedication and discipline. I believe without these two things, a dancer will never succeed. A ballerina must also contain self-confidence, peace of mind, focus and love to work. Each ballerina should have inspirations to be able to reach the brightest starts in their dreams.
I have done a lot of ballet presentations since Grade 3. Obviously, i started so small. As far as i could rememeber, I was the black sheep in our Ballet class when i was in grade 3. Sometimes, i get very jealous to my classmates for I have seen very much grace into their works. But later on, I was able to continue my ballet lessons. When i was in grade 4-5, our Ballet teacher was Mrs. Ofelia Sandiego, the wife of Val Sandiego. Both were widely known in the field of dance and in fact, they owned the "Sandiego dance company" in Cebu! When I was in Grade 6, my Ballet teacher was Ms. Katrina Cortes. She's also a great ballerina. During her teachings, sh taught me a lot of things and I was in a lot of performances that time. We conducted recitals. I also starred in one of our recitals which was entitled "Pocahontas". I played Pocahontas' part. I was also sent to PHSA in Makiling for a ballet workshop. And now, i'm having Friday and Saturday ballet lessons in Montebello. I have discovered that I still have a lot more to learn in Ballet and I'm not that really very good. But i'm happy because I can still catch up in our lessons even though I stopped doing Ballet lessons for a couple of months.
As of now, i'm also accepting gigs and some Ballet request within Cebu City along with my balletmates so that we'LL also have extra income to supply our school needs and costume bills.

1 comment:

ren said...

great
im impress.
nice post
just dropping by.
feel free to visit my site

Inspire and be inspired ^_~

  • I'll meet Taylor Lautner personally soon
  • I'll be in La Push soon
  • I'll be in Forks, Washington soon
  • I'll be rich!
  • I'll be travelling around the world