Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nutrition Month Culminating Activity

First blog post related to our July school celebration.. *grins*

We just had our Nutrition Month- Culminating Activity this day. In the morning we had our cooking contest. The whole class and the whole high school department were busy preparing their special menus for the contest. I believe we all did our best and we all did mouth-watering dishes.


I was not assigned to cook due to the fact that I really don't know how to cook( but as far as I have remembered, I think I was assigned to prepare the beverage, but everything was not under control this day ) I spent the whole morning documenting the event. In every flash of the camera, I have took a single memorable moment that I am sure we will treasure for the rest of our high school years. By 11am, we all prepared the dishes for our presentation to the panel of judges. The judges were the teachers who roam around table to table. After the judging, we rushed ourselves to the dinning table to get our share from our prepared food. I was dying and was craving for the "taco shell" but unfortunately, I only had the plate left for me. Everyone was having a feast on our dish. It's like an eat all you can access where people are pushing their selves into the thick crowd.

By lunch time, I started to prepare myself for the Mr. and Ms. Nutrition which will be held later that afternoon. Eljie Ann helped me on the make up stuff while Rovie Mae and Kherstine helped me to iron my hair. I would also like to grab the oppurtunity to thank my sponsors: Lourde Mae for my black casual dress, Shemar for my pink tube, Desiree for my pink and black high-heel sandals and Ate Jess for my short pants worn on our talent presentation. It was a tight competition. Everybody were doing their best. I never expected to win the competition- I never expected to be in the top 5 either. I jsut did my part and my performance was for my fellow classmates wherein I don't like to fail them and for myself too, for I want to prove something.


In the end, I was crowned as Ms. Nutrition while Charles Benedict Fabroa was Mr. Nutrition. Julia Labor was the 1st runner up and Henri Lepon for the male category. Ahljay Manatad and Joshua Labor landed on the 2nd runner up. Congrats!

1 comment:

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your wonderful post, thank you - I'm really loving your blog too !

Inspire and be inspired ^_~

  • I'll meet Taylor Lautner personally soon
  • I'll be in La Push soon
  • I'll be in Forks, Washington soon
  • I'll be rich!
  • I'll be travelling around the world