Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mr. and Ms. UN 2008

This day was a day of excitement, a day of fun and a day of colorful costumes worn by each HS students. I was not really prepared for the program. I didnt even have the proper attire to wear. At school, Phanie lent me her Filipiniana costume. I had no choice but to accept the offer. But something's making the whole thing worst! The costume's fine but it doesn;t fit my country. My assigned country was U.A.E or United Arab Emirates. As we all know this country is the conservative type. And my Filipiniana costume is way too far from their traditional clothing. I was so problematic. I wasn't able to practice for my speech and i was not able to develop my confidence. The program started. And i still don't have the confidence and the courage to walk infront of the crown. But just as when we were about to have our turn. My "fashionista side" worked! I was able to improvised and was able to turn my Filipiniana cotsume into Arabian costume. That was just the perfect timing. I was so glad that time. But another problem was given to me. I forgot my speech! And i wasn't able to remember enough of it. At an instance, I thought of some lines to memorize. That was really killing me out! In the end, jeric Mae PAcio was declared as Ms. Asia 2008.,but the overall winner was Vanessa Pearl Abelong, MS. UN 2008!
P.S. I also proved something, i bag 2nd place for the Essay writing contest. I'm so happy!

No comments:

Inspire and be inspired ^_~

  • I'll meet Taylor Lautner personally soon
  • I'll be in La Push soon
  • I'll be in Forks, Washington soon
  • I'll be rich!
  • I'll be travelling around the world